Home

Monday 2 April 2007

Benvenuti

A welcoming message from Professor Maddalena De Leo, a university teacher and writer, who is one of the most active members of the Italian branch of the Brontë Society. She has published articles in Brontë Studies and a novel for teenagers about Charlotte Brontë, UN'@MICA DAL PASSATO, a description of which can be found on the Brontë Parsonage Blog for October 2006.

Hello to all of you,
I really welcome your website on the Brussels Brontë connection. I've always had a particular interest in Charlotte's Belgian years; I studied Dutch at University and in 2002, at last, I could realize my dream to visit Brussels to see in person the Brontë connected places. It was wonderful to follow the Brontë itinerary so well described in Eric Russenaars' book and a real emotion for me to see Place Royale, St. Gudule's Cathedral and above all the famous steps on the Pensionnat site. In this tour I and my children were guided by a Belgian friend, who so kindly showed us the right way and also took us to Waterloo, where also Charlotte sometimes walked. Please, consider me among your friends from neighbouring countries! I greet you all with real enthusiasm.
Maddalena De Leo

No comments: